Hunt successfully from your tree stand and avoid accidents with these safety tips. Too many hunters wait until after a climbing accident to pay close attention to safety. For some, this second chance never comes, due to injury or even death. Take your life–and the hunt–seriously by preventing an accident before it happens.
One of the first considerations for using a tree stand safely is to choose a sturdy, well-manufactured stand. Your tree stand should come with a warranty. If the company does not back their product with a warranty, don’t expect a quality product from them.
Besides quality, design is also an important issue. Tree stands differ in safety according to their design. Hang on tree stands require you to set up the platform while you’re balanced on a ladder. They also require you to climb up on steps or a ladder and then step from the ladder onto the platform. Climbing into and out of hang on stands is the point where most hunting stand accidents happen. Self-climbing stands, on the other hand, attach to the tree at the base and allow you to climb the tree in a sit down, stand up motion. This means you avoid the risk involved in stepping onto a platform or setting up your stand while you’re suspended in the air. The fact that you are already in your tree stand as you climb gives it an edge over the hang on, in terms of safety.
Another safety factor is how you handle your firearm. You should never carry it up with you as you climb. Instead, use a haul line to lift and lower your firearm. Unload the gun and leave the action open. Don’t take any chances. If your gun already has a sling, you can tie a hoist rope to the sling to haul up your gun. For a makeshift sling, tie a short rope around the “wrist” of the stock and attach the other end to the barrel, just above the forearm stock. Tie the hoist rope to the center of your sling so that the barrel is horizontal–not pointing up–as you lift the gun. Tie the hoist rope to the back of your belt and climb up the tree. When you’re secure in your tree stand, use the hoist rope to haul up your firearm. Check your firearm for obstructions before loading. To lower the gun or bow back down, unload your gun and open the action. Attach the hoist rope and lower the gun gently to the ground. If you hunt with a bow, use the same method to lift and lower your bow.
Last but not least, don’t forget to wear your harness. A full body harness is much safer than a belt harness. Should you fall from your hunting stand, a full body harness will distribute pressure between several different points on the body rather than one point. This increases your comfort and your survival time.
© 2009 KillZone Hunting Outfitters. Gear up for the hunting season with a tree stand from KillZone Hunting Outfitters at http://www.killzonehunting.com – Free shipping on all orders!
best river boat cruises in europe, german river cruise companies, best river cruises in europe, european river cruise companies, the best river cruises in europe, river cruises best rated,…
A very popular tourist destination, the island of Bali promises a great holiday and rejuvenation trip for all. Awarded by the international Travel Magazine as the world’s best island a few years ago, Bali is part of the 13,700 islands that make up the Republic of Indonesia, the world’s largest archipelago. Be it adventure sports, exploring the dense jungles, admiring the temples, trekking on Mount Batur, or simply strolling across the white sandy beaches, Bali offers tourists a life time of memories.
The luxurious hotels in Bali,resorts and the discounted Bali hotels offer great warmth and hospitality to the tourists, a reflection of the rich culture where people still uphold their religious and aesthetic values. The well-known tourist destinations in Bali include:
1. Trita Empul, meaning ‘bubbling water’, is a temple considered to be very sacred and has fountains meant for purification. The water here flows through a natural spring. History states that this temple was created when the Lord shot an arrow from heaven to look for water on earth. With its strong history, Trita Empul built in 960 AD is one place tourists flock to.
2. Mount Batur (Kintamani) is about 1,717m above sea level, which is the second largest active volcano in Bali. Smoke can still be seen blowing out of this peak. This mountain has a beautiful crater lake flowing through. Because of the scenic value, it is quite popular among visiting tourists. There are restaurants set up here offering a sumptuous meal and breathtaking view of the mountain.
3. Bali Treetop is an adventure tour that throws up various challenges. Tourists can admire the Keidahan forest and lake from the tree tops while swaying from one tree to the other using pulleys. This adventure game is a good challenge for adults and children to experience an adrenalin rush.
4. Legian Beach is one of the most famous beaches in Bali, the Legian beach is a favourite spot for those looking to shop, swim, or relax in a spa. Legian also has many budget hotels that offer tourists accommodation at very reasonable rates. Many of Bali’s fashionable hotels, bars and lounges are also located in this region, making this an ideal place to visit or stay.
5. North Bali Tour is a must-do for all tourists. A visit to Bali is incomplete without driving across the scenic roads via Pupuan, across the mountains to Bali’s north coast. The north Bali is all about picturesque natural and rural setting with beautiful rice terraces, large plantations and a natural hot spring. On this path, one also comes across the fascinating black beach of Lovina and the multi-tier waterfall in Git Git.
6. Royal Taman Ayun Temple in Mengwi is another place worth visit and devotees and tourists alike throng here on a regular basis.
7. The Holy Monkey forest near Sangeh is a sacred forest with hundreds of sprite monkeys. No one is permitted to chop any wood in this forest. There is a 17th century temple which is a popular landmark for tourists.
8. Tanah Lot is a rock formation off the coast of Bali, which is famous for Tanah Lot temple.
9. Bali Art Market is one of the best places to collect souvenirs. For those looking for a great shopping experience, the “Bali Art Market” in Sukawati is the place to go for all kinds of handicrafts and textiles.
10. Komodo National Park is located in east of Indonesia with awe-inspiring natural setting. The national park has various rare flora and fauna including the famous Komodo dragon. The park is a wonderland for nature and adventure lovers.
Apart from these, the whole of Bali is in fact a tourist’s delight and visitors can be sure to experience a memorable holiday.
For more information about hotels in Bali and Online Booking Services,
Please visit our website for booking hotels in -Bali http://www.wego.com
Basseterre, St Kitts in JUST A MINUTE – for people who want it fast. This is the Doris Visits series of ports in 60 seconds, tight edits of the longer port visits. See cruise guides worldwide…
Phuket is located on the west coast of the Isthmus of Kra of South Thailand in the Andaman Sea. Referred to as the pearl of the Andaman Sea, this beautiful island has green tropical forests that are blessed with rich and diverse flora and fauna.
1. Patong Beach is a very popular tourist destination in Phuket that offers a unique experience with beautiful beaches to go diving, surfing, sailing, variety of food fare, and wild nightlife. While the hot diving spots in Phuket are located in Similans, Surin, Hin Daeng and Hin Muang, Kata and Karon in the West Coast are popular for windsurfing. Phuket’s Patong beach is the party district and famous for wild nightlife, katoey joints, and tacky souvenir shops.
2. Kamala beach and Surin beach: The northern side of Phuket has many beaches including the Kamala beach and Surin beach. The south-western end of Phuket has smaller beaches away from the beaten track including Nai Harn and Rawai beach.
3. Phang Nga Bay: One of the popular tourist attractions in Phuket is Phang Nga Bay. A unique feature of the bay is the limestone cliffs that emerge out of the emerald-green waters. Famous for cave canoeing or kayaking, this bay also houses the James Bond Island, locally known as Ko Tapu or Nail Island. This island first became famous when it was featured in the 1974 Bond film “The Man with the Golden Gun”.
4. Town Area: Phuket’s town has many Sino-Portuguese splendours, excellent restaurants and many shops. It is definitely worth spending an afternoon in Phuket town exploring the Colonial and Chinese architecture. Known as Thailand’s paradise resort, there are many hotels in Phuket from the high-end luxurious ones to the budget hotels situated across the beaches and the town.
5. Buddhist Temples: When it comes to spiritual significance, Phuket has 29 Buddhist temples spread around the island. One of the popular temples among them is Wat Chalong. This temple features a Grand Pagoda which houses a splinter of Lord Buddha’s bone and is officially named Phramahathatchedi-Jomthaibarameepragat.
6. Big Buddha is another fascinating tourist spot. Standing tall at a height of 45 metres, it is visible from the south of Phuket and is located on the top of Nakkerd Hills. For those interested in catching the sunrise and sunset, there are several hilltops like the Three Beaches Hilltop that provide an amazing view of the ocean as the sun rises and sets into the horizon.
7. Phi Phi Islands and Ao Phang Nga Bay provides the opportunity to capture the scenic beauty in Phuket.
8. National Parks: There are also several national parks in Phuket that are worth exploring. These national parks are home to various plants and animals and often feature caves, trekking trails, and waterfalls, making for an adventurous trip.
9. The western coast: Adjoining the Andaman Sea, the western coast of Phuket has long and clean beaches with clear pristine sea water and is an ideal spot for relaxation.
10. The northern coast: The northern coast of Phuket has many hotels and resorts and is an ideal place for tourists who wish to stay away from the busy streets of the central district.
With so many wonderful places to visit, Phuket is an ideal getaway for tourists andPhuket hotels provide world-class facilities and services adding up to a perfect holiday.
For more information about hotels in
With the competition for university places tougher than ever, a growing number of students are choosing to take a gap year, there are a huge range of activities that people could take part in from gap year tennis to gap year football. There are many benefits to taking a gap year before beginning university. From the time that a student starts their GCSE’s, to the end of their A-Levels, pressure is high. Pressure to succeed for many is almost overpowering, and competition is usually high too. For many, starting university straight after completing A-Levels seems very overwhelming and may seem very tiring too.
This is the primary reason why some are choosing a gap year. Some students today even end up having to take a gap year after starting university when they are already halfway through their studies since they find the pressure upon them just too high. A gap year, especially doing something enjoyable, such as gap year tennis or gap year football, is a fantastic way to recharge the batteries whilst escaping the pressures associated with studying. The pressures commonly found when studying and get yourself ready for your future are reduced and most have a great time and get a new skill they’ll treasure for a lifetime.
Taking part in gap year tennis or in gap year football gives students time to have a break from their hectic life and have an enjoyable time. If you are particularly interested in gap year tennis or gap year football, you will find companies that provide courses specialising in these passions . A gap year can offer a person transferrable skills that they can use later in everyday life! Taking a year out to focus on one particular skill can provide you with the focus and time required to enhance that skill. If you decide to partake in a sport during your gap year, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills to a level that otherwise wouldn’t be achievable !
Gap year tennis and gap year football courses are easy to find and make the most of. Following a gap year, you can return to your studies relaxed and with renewed focus and motivation. Whatever stage of your education you’re at, whether you getting ready to start a new course or you are part way through a course, a gap year could be just what you need to reinstate your enthusiasm.
If you have just finished your A levels or want a break from university, pursue an interest and begin a gap year tennis or gap year football! Taking a gap year will help you to develop skills that you may not have the opportunity to gain otherwise. You will be able to return to your studies with renewed and refreshed determination – taking a year out to involve yourself in something you love could improve your outlook on life completely! Along with all of those other benefits a gap year tennis or a gap year football may provide, you are guaranteed a year of fun!
This article was written by R. Deans on behalf of sportlived.co.uk experts in gap year football and gap year tennis
Wherever Tours presents the 2019 Rhine River Cruise. View this video for an overview of the ship and the tour.
Traveling can be a lot of fun and most people enjoy it, but when it comes to traveling for a job sometimes it feels as if the fun is sucked out of the experience. You can change corporate extended stay ventures from feeling so uptight and structured as well as work on some essential team building strategies by ensuring that any trips that require corporate travel include some of these fresh and fun team building ideas.
Tip #1- Go somewhere exciting!
Whenever possible, you should hold any corporate extended stay events in an exciting location. Many companies enjoy seminars and other corporate events in tropical locations like the Bahamas while others take place in more relaxed atmospheres like the Poconos. Which builds team excitement and moral more? The exotic or fun locations, of course! If you’re trying to build your teamwork and bonding among employees, it’s a great idea to pick somewhere interesting to hold your corporate events. For example, an extended stay AZ style in a swanky hotel near the Grand Canyon is probably something that a lot of people have never done before and it will build team bonding and morale to have people experience this type of getaway together and they will start to associate their jobs with the excitement they feel.
Tip #2- Involve a motivational speaker of some kind.
It can sound kind of cheesy to some, but most corporate events are buttoned-up, formal affairs and incorporating a motivational speaker to help put a positive spin on a company and work on building team morale and job satisfaction can be a great tool to utilize on a corporate extended stay.
Tip #3- Let everyone speak.
Oftentimes, employees no matter what level they are on the totem pole, feel that they don’t have a lot of say in what goes on within the company they work for. A corporate travel event is a great place to give everyone an opportunity to have a voice and speak about strategies or ideas they might have to improve company production and customer satisfaction.
Tip #4- Include perks.
Most of the time, a corporate extended stay is a job perk of its own, especially if you’ve picked out a nice place for your employees to stay. The more perks you include though, the more likely your employees are to bond and feel a sense of togetherness. Believe it or not, good free food and fun can lead to better teamwork overall!
Tip #5- Don’t forget why you’re there.
Most of the previous tips are about how to make a corporate travel event fun and keep your travelers entertained, encouraging them to bond. Those are great team-building exercises but don’t forget to actually focus on why you’re there in the first place as you encourage team bonding and strengthening. Make sure that you have a lot of activities that are fun yet still pertain to your company and improving employees and the company as a whole. For example, there are actually corporate travel AZ companies that will arrange your corporate events for you to include excursions like rock climbing, hiking and golf outings while they help you center the event around corporate structure and employee bonding.
These tips may be a bit unconventional, but in today’s corporate world, you should always be one step ahead of everyone else when it comes to innovatively growing and developing your company. So have fun and be prepared for a stronger, more satisfied team of individuals!
The Golf Villas offer luxury, furnished villas in Tucson, AZ. For more information about corporate travel az, visit http://www.thegolfvillas.com.
Royal Caribbean cruise ship Mariner of the Seas to get a major overhaul. Royal Caribbean is upping the ante in the market for short cruises out of Miami with plans for a major makeover of Mariner…