Vacations can be great stress relievers helping us be happier, healthier, and thereby, improve your lifestyle. But on the other hand, planning/choosing a vacation destination is one of the daunting tasks. Take a look at the top 10 vacation destination list, which will help you decide the best possible destination for your vacation.
According to the 2009 survey, the top 10 international holiday destinations are:
1. Bay Of Fire, Tasmania: There is a possibility that you would not have come across this little paradise that is located off the coast of St. Helen’s, a small town of Tasmania. This is the secret edge of Tasmania, laid out like a pirate’s treasure map of perfect private beaches, tranquil coves, all covered with forest. This is undoubtedly the perfect destination for your vacation.
2. Basque Country, France and Spain: France and Spain has always been the most sought over destinations across the world. The Basque Country is said to be a cocktail of fun, sun, culture and beauty.
3. Chiloe, Chile: Chile – A country that is rich in culture and adventure. Chile has been successful in retaining its tradition while still maintain the modernizing the region. It is a blend of tradition, architecture and growing tourism that has plenty of adventure tours to offer.
4. Ko Tao, Thailand: Ko Tao has emerged along Thailand’s crystalline Gulf Coast and some incredible scenery. This island is famous for scuba diving, snorkeling, and hiking. If you love adventure and water sports, then this is the right place for you.
5. Languedoc, France: Bas-Languedoc has long, sandy beaches and dynamic towns like Montpellier, Sète and Nîmes. This place is split by deep gorges and topped by wild upland plateaux for outdoor fun. It also had some exotic hotels and cruise options that will take you along the Canal du Midi which is nice alternative to the usual French getaway.
6. Nam Ha, Laos: Nam Ha is surrounded by mountains, waterfalls and lofty plateaux, coupled with the culture of some 30 ethnic groups, create the ideal landscape for eco-trekking. This place is ideal for extreme adventurers who can handle leeches and the steep slopes on a true jungle trek.
7. The Big Island, Hawaii: Hawaii-A combination of several islands! This is one of the most favored beach destinations of all times. From primitive lake of lava flowing into the steaming sea to seascape that stretches along the golden Kohala coastline to the clouds that surround the snow-covered summit of the tallest sea mountain on Earth, to Hawaii’s Big Island will certainly be the most overwhelming experience.
8. San Andres and Providencia, Colombia: Few areas of Colombia have bad reviews because they are warranted. But the two main islands of San Andres and Providencia are extremely beautiful with dreamy seascapes and true island hospitality. This place has much to offer – wetbikes, fishing, diving, hiking, submarine tours and more
9. Svalbard, Norway: If you like to spend your vacation in the cold coast and if you like cooler temperature and polar boat tours, then you will love Svalbard is the right place for you. Svalbard is sparsely populated and is surrounded by rocky peaks, dark fjords, glaciers, purest white snow and breath-taking scenery.
10. Yunnan, China: Yunnan is the home of famous tiger leaping trek, jungle tours and the scenery of the sunsets. This environmentally rich land is scattered with ancient temples and small towns and undoubtedly the hottest Asian destination.