Phuket is located on the west coast of the Isthmus of Kra of South Thailand in the Andaman Sea. Referred to as the pearl of the Andaman Sea, this beautiful island has green tropical forests that are blessed with rich and diverse flora and fauna.
1. Patong Beach is a very popular tourist destination in Phuket that offers a unique experience with beautiful beaches to go diving, surfing, sailing, variety of food fare, and wild nightlife. While the hot diving spots in Phuket are located in Similans, Surin, Hin Daeng and Hin Muang, Kata and Karon in the West Coast are popular for windsurfing. Phuket’s Patong beach is the party district and famous for wild nightlife, katoey joints, and tacky souvenir shops.
2. Kamala beach and Surin beach: The northern side of Phuket has many beaches including the Kamala beach and Surin beach. The south-western end of Phuket has smaller beaches away from the beaten track including Nai Harn and Rawai beach.
3. Phang Nga Bay: One of the popular tourist attractions in Phuket is Phang Nga Bay. A unique feature of the bay is the limestone cliffs that emerge out of the emerald-green waters. Famous for cave canoeing or kayaking, this bay also houses the James Bond Island, locally known as Ko Tapu or Nail Island. This island first became famous when it was featured in the 1974 Bond film “The Man with the Golden Gun”.
4. Town Area: Phuket’s town has many Sino-Portuguese splendours, excellent restaurants and many shops. It is definitely worth spending an afternoon in Phuket town exploring the Colonial and Chinese architecture. Known as Thailand’s paradise resort, there are many hotels in Phuket from the high-end luxurious ones to the budget hotels situated across the beaches and the town.
5. Buddhist Temples: When it comes to spiritual significance, Phuket has 29 Buddhist temples spread around the island. One of the popular temples among them is Wat Chalong. This temple features a Grand Pagoda which houses a splinter of Lord Buddha’s bone and is officially named Phramahathatchedi-Jomthaibarameepragat.
6. Big Buddha is another fascinating tourist spot. Standing tall at a height of 45 metres, it is visible from the south of Phuket and is located on the top of Nakkerd Hills. For those interested in catching the sunrise and sunset, there are several hilltops like the Three Beaches Hilltop that provide an amazing view of the ocean as the sun rises and sets into the horizon.
7. Phi Phi Islands and Ao Phang Nga Bay provides the opportunity to capture the scenic beauty in Phuket.
8. National Parks: There are also several national parks in Phuket that are worth exploring. These national parks are home to various plants and animals and often feature caves, trekking trails, and waterfalls, making for an adventurous trip.
9. The western coast: Adjoining the Andaman Sea, the western coast of Phuket has long and clean beaches with clear pristine sea water and is an ideal spot for relaxation.
10. The northern coast: The northern coast of Phuket has many hotels and resorts and is an ideal place for tourists who wish to stay away from the busy streets of the central district.
With so many wonderful places to visit, Phuket is an ideal getaway for tourists andPhuket hotels provide world-class facilities and services adding up to a perfect holiday.