A very popular tourist destination, the island of Bali promises a great holiday and rejuvenation trip for all. Awarded by the international Travel Magazine as the world’s best island a few years ago, Bali is part of the 13,700 islands that make up the Republic of Indonesia, the world’s largest archipelago. Be it adventure sports, exploring the dense jungles, admiring the temples, trekking on Mount Batur, or simply strolling across the white sandy beaches, Bali offers tourists a life time of memories.
The luxurious hotels in Bali,resorts and the discounted Bali hotels offer great warmth and hospitality to the tourists, a reflection of the rich culture where people still uphold their religious and aesthetic values. The well-known tourist destinations in Bali include:
1. Trita Empul, meaning ‘bubbling water’, is a temple considered to be very sacred and has fountains meant for purification. The water here flows through a natural spring. History states that this temple was created when the Lord shot an arrow from heaven to look for water on earth. With its strong history, Trita Empul built in 960 AD is one place tourists flock to.
2. Mount Batur (Kintamani) is about 1,717m above sea level, which is the second largest active volcano in Bali. Smoke can still be seen blowing out of this peak. This mountain has a beautiful crater lake flowing through. Because of the scenic value, it is quite popular among visiting tourists. There are restaurants set up here offering a sumptuous meal and breathtaking view of the mountain.
3. Bali Treetop is an adventure tour that throws up various challenges. Tourists can admire the Keidahan forest and lake from the tree tops while swaying from one tree to the other using pulleys. This adventure game is a good challenge for adults and children to experience an adrenalin rush.
4. Legian Beach is one of the most famous beaches in Bali, the Legian beach is a favourite spot for those looking to shop, swim, or relax in a spa. Legian also has many budget hotels that offer tourists accommodation at very reasonable rates. Many of Bali’s fashionable hotels, bars and lounges are also located in this region, making this an ideal place to visit or stay.
5. North Bali Tour is a must-do for all tourists. A visit to Bali is incomplete without driving across the scenic roads via Pupuan, across the mountains to Bali’s north coast. The north Bali is all about picturesque natural and rural setting with beautiful rice terraces, large plantations and a natural hot spring. On this path, one also comes across the fascinating black beach of Lovina and the multi-tier waterfall in Git Git.
6. Royal Taman Ayun Temple in Mengwi is another place worth visit and devotees and tourists alike throng here on a regular basis.
7. The Holy Monkey forest near Sangeh is a sacred forest with hundreds of sprite monkeys. No one is permitted to chop any wood in this forest. There is a 17th century temple which is a popular landmark for tourists.
8. Tanah Lot is a rock formation off the coast of Bali, which is famous for Tanah Lot temple.
9. Bali Art Market is one of the best places to collect souvenirs. For those looking for a great shopping experience, the “Bali Art Market” in Sukawati is the place to go for all kinds of handicrafts and textiles.
10. Komodo National Park is located in east of Indonesia with awe-inspiring natural setting. The national park has various rare flora and fauna including the famous Komodo dragon. The park is a wonderland for nature and adventure lovers.
Apart from these, the whole of Bali is in fact a tourist’s delight and visitors can be sure to experience a memorable holiday.